designed by ￼Denver Coulson, Lea Liu, Burgess Voshell, & Zijian Zhou
Created during the Fall of 2015 at the NYU Game Center. Get Lost is an experimental folk game taking place on a subway. Intervene with the daily commute of subway riders as you try and escape your captor.
- If you are the escapee: Get away from the captor by leaving them behind. You can do either...
- get on the train and leaving the captor on the platform or
- stay on the platform and leaving the captor on the train.
- If you are the captor: Capture the escapee by simply staying with them. This is done by either...
- ending the game on the train with the escapee or
- ending the game on the platform with the escapee.
- Designate one player the escapee and one player the captor.
- Each player takes position at a separate subway train door when it arrives.
- When the doors open, play begins.
- In the same style of Rock-Paper-Scissors, tap of your fist to your hand three times in sync and rhythm with your opponent.
- After the third tap, the escapee may hop on/off the train or stay where they are. The captor may also hop on/off the train or stay where they are.
- You are allowed to trick your opponent.
- If you lift your feet in any way, you must hop on/off the train.
- Continue steps 4 & 5 until the buzzer goes off signifying the closing of the train doors.
- Once the doors closed, determine who has won and bask in your victory.